Automotive and Diesel Mechanic
Company: First Student
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Automotive and DieselTechnicianFirst Student, the largest
provider of student transportation in North America, is now hiring
a Fleet Technician!First Student is proud to offer:
- $23-$27 per hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent,
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!Automotive and DieselMechanic Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other
- Remove and replace engine, transmission and differential
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or
required.Automotive and DieselTechnician Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid drivers license required.
- 3-5 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Intermediate diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanics tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.Apply today to join our team!First
Student (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of
school transportation services. We operate in 460 locations across
the US and Canada, working with school districts to provide safe,
reliable, and cost-effective transportation for five million
students per school day. We employ more than 48,000 people and
operate and maintain over 43,000 buses.We aspire to have a culture
where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a
diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Student, Warren , Automotive and Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!