Company: Sentech Services
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Controls EngineerPort Huron, MIPlastic Automotive Supplier1st
shiftSalary: $80-90KDirect Hire -
Summary:Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for leading project
activities related to new product and process of product which
leads to improved productivity and reduced cost. (Main focus New
Jobs) -Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop mistake proofing methods and efficiency enhance nets
for new and existing processes using Lesson Learned and Port Huron
- Actively participate in New Product Development. -Assist teams
in development of process workflow, documenting the work flow
diagram, the work cell layout and for projects utilizing post mold
- Budgeting of projects and control of costs within set budgets
- Review all new molds on 2nd Equipment Design. -Ensure they meet
Port Huron Standards and 20% better than Quoted Cycle Time prior to
kicking off tool build. - - - -Preliminary-Intermediate-Final
- Assist the manufacturing and engineering activities in the
justification of cost Savings for post mold equipment.
- Maintain list Plant press specifications
- Insures that new equipment meets or exceeds all internal and
governmental safety requirements and complete JSA with no issues.
-Build equipment up front to exceed JSA requirement -
- Promptly addresses any and all scrap related issues involving
secondary equipment with less than .05% scrap issue. -
- Assume leadership role for training and implementation of
equipment and process.
- Insures each work station is set up / and developed using the
Lean Manufacturing method.
- Inform CFT Team of any new materials or process to Port Huron
- Have open issue on second equipment closed out before PPAP. New
issues after PPAP must be closed out within 60 days of PPAP.
- Once equipment is in the plant, hand over operation manuals,
back-up program and spare parts to Maintenance Manager. -
- Maintain standard component list for future secondary
- Maintain Quotes on any production E.C. and Maintain File for
Record. -Use Cross Function Team to get all Cost Covered.
- Must be willing to work unscheduled overtime and up to being
called in on the off shift so the company meets production
- Training of personnel for operating and set-up.
- Write instructions for set-up and operation of equipment
- Track performance of equipment for production use.
- Involvement in 8-D teams for quality issues.
- Hand in Cost saving ideas that exceed goal established by C.I.
- Knowledge of PLC and HMI programming (Allen Bradley) and the
Ability to create and modify programs -
- Knowledge of camera systems and vison sensors -
- Knowledge to be able to install new sensors, cameras, or
- Clear understanding of pneumatic systems
- Education and/or Experience- -Associate's degree (A. A.) or
equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to
three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. - -
Keywords: Sentech Services, Warren , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!