Director of Finance
Company: City of Port Huron
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: November 16, 2022
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
(Department Head Position)GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: To
administer the financial affairs of the City of Port Huron, to
provide a system of accounts as required by law, to make such
financial reports and perform such other duties as may be required,
including, but not limited to, overseeing the operation of the
Accounting and Control, Assessing, Treasury, Water Office and
Income Tax Divisions of the City, to provide for an annual
independent audit of all City accounts and to perform other tasks
at the request of the City Manager.SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Work is
performed under the direction of the City Manager.SUPERVISION
EXERCISED:Supervision is exercised over employees in the Accounting
and Control, Assessing, Treasury, Water Office and Income Tax
Divisions of the City.TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK: An employee in this
class may be called upon to do any or all of the following: (These
examples do not include all of the tasks which the employee may be
expected to perform.)
- Establish and maintain a uniform chart of accounts in
accordance with State law.
- Prepare an annual financial report which is an accurate
statement of all City revenues, expenditures, indebtedness and fund
balances, in accordance with State law.
- Provide for an annual audit of the City's financial records,
accounts and procedures, in accordance with State law.
- Prepare and submit an annual budget to the City Manager in
accordance with the City Charter and State law
- Approve all checks and vouchers and any other funds drawn from
the City treasury
- Direct and supervise all aspects of financial operations and
control, maintaining records in sufficient detail to comply with
all grant, bond and other regulations and requirements
- Plan and supervise the collection of funds received in payment
of taxes, special assessments, licenses, water bills and other
- Supervise the preparation, distribution and collection of tax
rolls and bills.
- Supervise preparation of application for city bond issues and
- Oversee assets of trust funds and collection and deposit
- Inspect assets in bank against deposits and maintain bank
- Prepare correspondence, records and reports.
- Perform related work as required.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS FOR
- Considerable knowledge of financial accounting principles,
practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of general business, accounting and
- Considerable knowledge of governmental accounting practices,
and of the organization and functions of municipal government.
- Ability to prepare financial records and reports.
- Ability to organize and supervise the work of others.
- Good judgment, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work effectively with other officials, employees and
the general public.An employee in this class, upon appointment,
should have the equivalent of the following training and
- Graduation from an accredited 4-year college or university with
a degree in Accounting, Business, Public Administration or a
- A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in
financial administration, accounting and/or budgeting in the
municipal sector. Experience must include preparation of
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report(s) (CAFR) for Government
Finance Officers Associations certification program.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the State of
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an
administrative/supervisory position.Working Hours: Monday - Friday;
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Salary Range: $125,000 - $133,000 annually
- Paid vacation leave (23 days upon date of hire)
- Paid sick leave and holidays
- Healthcare, dental, life and optical insurance
- Disability income plan
- Deferred compensation plan (457)
- Healthcare savings planDate Posted: Monday, October 17,
Application Deadline: Friday, November 11, 2022 Contact :Please
submit cover letter, resume and five professional references to
Frank L. Walsh, Walsh Municipal Services, LLC. Applications will be
received at email@example.com . The City of Port Huron is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.Deadline for Applying : Nov 11, 2022
Keywords: City of Port Huron, Warren , Director of Finance, Executive , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!