General Manager of Manufacturing
Posted on: November 19, 2023
General Manager of Manufacturing
# of Openings:
Job Title: General Manager, Manufacturing
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Summary: The General Manager, Manufacturing position provides the
leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the
company has the proper resources, policies and procedures, and
staff in place to effectively support the current business
requirements and to prepare the organization for growth.
- Manages the company's Manufacturing facilities.
- Provides day-to-day leadership to the Manufacturing
- Assists company officers and senior staff members in the
development and formulation of long and short-range planning,
policies, programs and objectives.
- Develops the manufacturing plans and establishes procedures for
maintaining high standards of operations to ensure that products
conform to established customer and company quality
- Achieves optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead
and costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs
that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its
competitive position and the profitability of the
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of
the manufacturing plans, consistent with established procedures.
Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels,
to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all
matters that affect their performance, attitudes and
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective
action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with
company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and
local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve
productivity and reduce cost. Directs the establishment,
implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to
manufacturing (e.g. training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction,
worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g. plant layout
changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs,
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in the automation
- 10+ years manufacturing leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or similar
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to develop and manage timelines
- Expert understanding of installing systems
- Strong management skills
- Knowledge of Mechanical Controls and Pipe and Wire
- Strong planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to work under time
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Strong presentation skills
- Flexibility and the ability to multi-task and work within an
ambiguous, fast moving environment while also driving clarity and
- Ability to set priorities and produce results
- Strong computer skills including power point and excel
- Strong integrity, credibility and commitment to the corporate
- The ability and willingness to travel when required 10 to 20
percent of the time
Work Environment: This position operates in both an office
environment and plant environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk,
and be present on the plant floor or customer facility.
Expected Hours of Work: This position regularly requires long hours
and frequent weekend work.
Travel: This position requires some out of town and overnight
Direct Reports: This position has 3 direct reports.
Benefits: In addition to competitive wages, Paslin offers a wide
range of benefits including; Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 401k
Match, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts,
Dental, Vision, Accident, and Life Insurance.
Paslin believes in investing in people and offers a variety of
development programs with excellent opportunities for individual
growth through training, tuition reimbursement, and career
ABOUT THE COMPANY: The Paslin Company was founded and incorporated
in 1937. Since then the company has continued to remain strong and
create value in the ever changing global market and competitive
conditions. Quality, cost, delivery, service excellence, and
absolute customer orientation is our focus. We are a full service
design and build organization, primarily serving the automotive
industry. The Paslin Company is a proud leader in the construction
and integration of manufacturing assembly and automation systems.
We provide state of the art manufacturing equipment to a global
marketplace, while creating cost effective solutions. Paslin is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal
employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals based
on job-related qualifications and ability to perform their job
without regard to age, sex, height, weight, familial status,
genetic information, race, color, creed, national origin, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or marital
status, or status as an applicant, member, or former member of a
uniformed service or any other category protected by federal, state
or local law. Paslin utilizes a consumer reporting agency to obtain
consumer reports as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Apply for this Position
Keywords: Paslin, Warren , General Manager of Manufacturing, Executive , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!