Nurse Assistant - McLaren Careers
Company: McLaren Health Care
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: January 22, 2023
JOB SUMMARY:Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of
theMarwood.Works with the nursing department to ensure that
resident needs are met ona daily basis. Assists residents
withactivities of daily living and provides physical comfort and
emotional andsocial support.JOB DUTIES:The following description of
jobresponsibilities and standards is intended to reflect the major
responsibilitiesand essential duties of the job but is not intended
to describe minor duties orother responsibilities as may be
assigned from time to time.Job Specific Tasks
- Supports the mission and vision of Marwoodthrough behaviors
that reflect and integrate our values, as evidenced byobservation,
peer and customer feedback.
- Acts in the best interestof the customer.
- Listens to the needs ofthe customer and responds with
- Presents a caring andprofessional image.
- Protects the safety ofresidents and co-workers.
- Speaks well of Marwood,co-workers and healthcare partners.
- Protects confidentialityand privacy of residents.
- Keeps customers informed
- Appreciates thecontributions and respects the differences of
- Cooperates with others toachieve a common goal.
- Uses time, supplies andequipment with respect.
- Improves self andorganization through education, innovation and
- Upholds ethical standards,laws regulation, policies and
- Facilitates resident care as evidenced bypeer review,
documentation in the medical records, and observations.
- Providesfor activities of daily living by assisting with
serving meals, feedingresidents, ambulation, turning, and
positioning, range of motion,providing water and nourishment
between meals. Records food intake.
- Assistsresidents' with personal care and hygiene by
distributing bedpans andurinals, changing disposable briefs, bowel
and bladder training; assistswith bathing, showering, shampooing
and shaving, oral care, nail care andskin care.
- Providesadjunct care by administering enemas, non-sterile
dressings, surgicalpreps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and
- Monitorsand documents resident vital signs and weight; tests
urine; records fluidintake and output information.
- Ensuresresidents physical comfort by utilizing resources and
materials; answerscall lights and requests; reports observations of
the resident to nursingsupervisor.
- Appliesand removes safety devices such as restraints, bed
rails, bed cradles,footboards, binders, slings and supportive
and/or positioning devices,etc.
- Assistswith admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
Assists with postmortem care asassigned.
- Documentsactions by completing forms, reports, logs, and
charting in resident medicalrecord.
- Isresponsible for keeping beds, bedside stands, clothes and
closets cleanand orderly.
- Responsiblefor cleaning equipment such as wheelchairs and
- Followsthe direction of staff nurse as per facility policies
- Protectsorganization's value by keeping residents personal
health informationconfidential per HIPAA guidelines.
- Adheresto facilitys safety and infection control policies.
- Adheresto McLaren Health System Standards of Conduct, facilitys
policies and proceduresas well as federal, state, and local
- Participatesin in-services and educational opportunities as
directed; maintains CNAcertification.
- Performsother duties as assigned.I understand the above are job
requirements and at thistime I know of no limitations which would
prevent me from performing thesefunctions with or without
accommodation.I further understand that it is my responsibility to
inform mysupervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these
activities.I have read the above job description for this
positionand understand that it will be a basis for evaluating my
performance.Equal OpportunityEmployer of
Minorities/Females/Disabled/VeteransKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
ABILITIES:Education:Nurse Aide Certificate of Competency from the
State of MichiganExperience:Previous geriatric experience
preferredLicensure: n/aSkills:Must be able to communicate in
English both verballyand in writing.Must demonstrate computer
literacy including use of computer programs
andapplications.PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:Position
requires ability to frequently lift object up to 35 pounds and to
push/pull objects more than 35 pounds; manual dexterity to
frequently perform difficult manipulative tasks; gross body
coordination to walk, stand, stoop, etc., hand-eye coordination to
perform tasks such as keyboard skills, etc. and tasks which require
arm-hand steadiness such as taking B/Ps and calibration of
equipment; visual discrimination for completing resident
assessment; audio discrimination adequate to hear normal sounds
with some background noise and to distinguish voice patterns,
auscultation; able to concentrate on fine detail with some
interruption and moderate detail with frequent interruptions,
ability to frequently attend to task/function for 10-20 minutes at
a time and occasionally for 20-45 minutes at a time; ability to
remember multiple tasks/assignments given over long periods of
time.ENVIRONMENT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:Works in long term care and
Rehab healthcare setting with residents who are experiencing a wide
range of medical, surgical, end of life, and /or psychological
problems.Flexible work schedule required.Work on resident units,
nurses stations, resident rooms, medication rooms, therapy areas,
lounges, and all parts of the facility where resident care may be
rendered.Occasionally may be required to exit the premises in the
pursuance of medical needs either directly for the facility or
resident.Exposure to blood, body tissue, and other infectious
fluids.Exposure to agitated or hostile residents, family members or
visitors. Occasional exposure to injuries due to unpredictable
behaviors of residents.Exposure to chemical compounds of
medications and treatments.May be exposed to high humidity in the
building throughout the summer months.
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Warren , Nurse Assistant - McLaren Careers, Healthcare , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!