Registered Nurse - Marwood Nursing and Rehab
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Department: Marwood Nursing & Rehabilitation
Daily Work Times: 7:00 - 7:30pm
Scheduled Bi-Weekly Hours: 72
The Registered Nurse delivers quality nursing care through the
utilization of the nursing process. Works collaboratively with
other members of the healthcare team to maintain standards for
professional nursing practice. Carries out functions according to
hospital policy, the hospital mission, and standards of practice
defined by professional and regulatory guidelines. Directs,
coordinates and delegates activities to foster patient/family
Environment and Working Conditions:
- Works in long term care and rehab healthcare setting with
residents who are experiencing a wide range of medical, surgical,
end of life, and /or psychological problems.
- Flexible work schedule required. Work on resident units,
nurses' stations, resident rooms, medication rooms, therapy areas,
lounges, and all parts of the facility where resident care may be
- Occasionally may be required to exit the premises in the
pursuance of medical needs either directly for the facility or
resident. Exposure to blood, body tissue, and other infectious
- Exposure to agitated or hostile residents, family members or
- Occasional exposure to injuries due to unpredictable behaviors
of residents. Exposure to chemical compounds of medications and
- May be exposed to high humidity in the building throughout the
- Responsible for the total nursing care of residents as directed
by the Medical Director, attending physician, Director of Nursing
and designated alternates.
- Will make daily residents visits and will observe and evaluate
physical, emotional, and social needs of the resident and will
complete appropriate reports and documentation. Will notify
clinical coordinator and/or physician of resident status via
written and verbal communication.
- Participates in the resident care review process and assists in
establishing resident goals, problem resolutions, approaches and
revisions as needed; utilizes multidisciplinary team
- Prepares assessments, resident care plans, and documents in the
medical record according to established guidelines and
- Is responsible for charting in residents' medical chart
according to facility policy and procedure and nursing standards of
- Is responsible for execution of the doctor's orders as written.
Will bring any concerns of validity or implementation of an order
to the appropriate supervisor's attention immediately.
- Is responsible for the proper and accurate administration of
medications and recording of medications given in the Medical
Administration Record (MAR).
- Supervises and delegates responsibilities for direct care staff
per resident's needs. Responsible for ensuring direct care staff
completes daily tasks as assigned. Maintains inventory of nursing
supplies by verifying inventory levels, anticipates needed
supplies, places supply orders, verify receipt of supplies, uses
equipment, and supplies as needed to meet the needs of the
- Will assist physicians with examinations and treatments as
- Is responsible for notifying the physician and family of death
during shift of duty.
- Monitor's resident's nursing care to ensure that resident's
rights are maintained.
- Will assist in orientation, training, assessment, and
evaluation of all assigned staff.
- Protects organization's value by keeping resident's personal
health information confidential per HIPAA guidelines.
- Adheres to facility's safety and infection control
- Participates in and completes all mandatory in in-services and
educational opportunities as directed; maintains professional
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree from an accredited university
- Valid RN/LPN licensure from the State of Michigan
- CPR Certification
- BLS Certification
- Ability to frequently lift, push, and/or pull objects up to 35
- Previous geriatric experience
Keywords: McLaren, Warren , Registered Nurse - Marwood Nursing and Rehab, Healthcare , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!