RN OR Nights FT Sign on Bonus available
Company: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Postpartum RN PRN Nights
The RN has the responsibility to plan, direct, coordinate, and
implement all nursing care services for postpartum and
gynecological patients in a manner suitable to accepted standards
of care. - She ensures the highest quality and safe delivery of
patient care to maintain compliance with professional nursing, the
Joint Commission, and all Federal and State standards of care. -
The RN cares for all ages, from adolescents to geriatric.
- Graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing.
- At least 1 year experience as an RN in the hospital setting on
an L/D, Antepartum, Postpartum or medical-surgical unit.
- Graduate Nurses will be considered for an internship on a
- RN licensure, current in the State of Texas
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) is required before the
completion of orientation.
- Ability to make decisions based on nursing judgment.
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet the needs of
patients and the unit.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Performs direct patient care within the scope of the RN
practice act and according to hospital policies and
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill level necessary to assess
patient's psychosocial, educational, and physical needs, as well as
the ability to address these needs in an age-appropriate
- Demonstrates ability to perform maternal/fetal monitoring,
assessment, and interpretation.
- Monitors lab values and reports abnormalities or critical
values per policy.
- Capable of assisting with monitoring patients requiring
anesthesia, including epidurals, general, and locals.
- Communicates patient status to oncoming nurses utilizing the
SHARE format. A report should be given at the bedside for the
patient to participate in their care.
- Responds to patients presenting to the hospital with
compassion, consideration, and respect.
- Understands and follows the hospital policies regarding EMTALA,
triage of the OB patient, and MSE.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to emergency
- Develops and prioritizes plan of care to attain measurable
goals. Care plans should be updated daily.
- Identifies educational needs, implements and evaluates
learning, and documents patient/family education.
- Manages acute and chronic pain in all patients using
pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions to assist in
alleviating suffering and improving healing.
- Delivers medication based upon continual assessment, safety,
and evaluation of patient response
- Assists new mothers with breastfeeding per established policies
- Follows all documentation policies utilizing the GE Centricity
- Utilizes Meditech system for documentation of care, the
printing of lab reports, entering orders, discharging patients, and
accessing drug monograms and information for EMR.
- Utilizes appropriate referral resources as needed.
- Maintains patient safety and security utilizing the HUGS system
and infant abduction prevention policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates ability to operate various equipment needed for
the care of the patient.
- Completes all mandatory departmental and hospital-wide
education in a timely manner.
- Utilizes the chain of command for patient concerns as well as
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital, Warren , RN OR Nights FT Sign on Bonus available, Healthcare , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!