PACU & Med Surgery RN
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Insight Institute of Neuroscience & Neurosurgery (IINN) aims to
advance, challenge, and revolutionize neurosciences and medicine
through scientific research and advanced technology, driven by a
passion to help others regardless of any obstacles and challenges
that may lie ahead. Our integrated team of medical professionals
does so through creative, innovative techniques and care principles
developed because of our continuous pursuit to improve the field of
medicine. Our integrated team works together to find solutions to
both common and complex medical concerns to ensure more powerful,
reliable results. Having multiple specialties "under one roof"
Insight achieves its purpose in providing a comprehensive,
collaborative approach to neuromusculoskeletal care and
rehabilitation to ensure optimal results. Our singular focus is
Patient Care Second to None!
Insight Surgical Hospital is a small, friendly and minimally
invasive surgical center and clinic with patient services second to
none! We are proud of our fast-paced, patient-focused,
team-oriented environment with professionals in neurology,
orthopedics, pain management, chiropractic, gastroenterology,
podiatry specialties and more. Every member of our team is crucial
to the patient experience and our success! Our Hospital and Clinic
do not treat general illnesses, including COVID-19, and has
required health safety measures in place for everyone prior to
entering the facility, including temperature and symptom checks,
required PPE and other health hygiene measures.
Our compassionate and team-oriented Registered Nurse partners with
our Medical Staff in order to provide patient care second to none!
Our Pacu & Med Surgery Nurse will be responsible for administering
perianesthesia nursing care for patients, along with being
responsible for the pre & post operation care of patients. The
Registered Nurse duties will help ensure a safe and professional
pre-op and PACU environment for the patient and Medical Surgery
team. The Pacu & Med Surgery Nurse will be responsible for
following all established policies and procedures in accordance to
standards and clinical best practice, and follows Physician
directions accordingly. Preferred candidates for this position
demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow, while showing a desire
to deliver the highest quality of patient care, creating a
connection with our patients.
Insight Employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a
condition of employment, subject to accommodation for medical or
sincerely held religious beliefs.
Duties of PACU & Med Surgery RN:
- Directs and/or provides professional perianesthesia nursing
care for an assigned group of patients across the age
- Provides clinical care to patients pre and post
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation to direct or provide superior nursing
- Provides supervision and guidance to other members of the PACU
or pre-operative staff; may be authorized, in the absence of the
Manager of Patient Services or the Manager of Surgical Services, to
make decisions affecting the PACU or pre-operative area.
- Provides superior patient care at all times
- Interacts with staff members professionally, productively and
courteously to support a strong culture
- Communicates in a professional and proactive manner at all
**3 12 hour shifts per week (Friday, Saturday Sunday) or (Saturday,
Sunday, Monday) 36 hours a week total
Qualifications of PACU & Med Surgery RN:
- Demonstrates eligibility for employment in the U.S.
- An Associate degree from a school of nursing is
- Current licensure in the State of Michigan.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Registered Nurse has 60 days from date of hire to obtain ACLS
- Ability to relate and work effectively with others.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in verbal and written English
communications for safe and effective patient care, in order to
meet documentation standards.
- Willingness to participate in goal-setting and educational
activities for professional advancement.
- Previous PACU, ambulatory care, critical care or general
nursing experience is preferred.
- Great attention to detail and is able to perform within a high
level of accuracy
- Detailed oriented, conscientious and committed to precision in
- Exudes respect and flexibility to impact the workplace in a
- Able to work with difficult patients compassionately with aim
to deliver the highest level of patient care.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and drive.
- Is aware of professional nursing standards and performs in
accordance with them
Benefits for our Full Time Team Members:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off, including vacation, holidays, and sick
- 401K with Matching; offerings vested fully @ 6 months of
employment paired with eligibility to contribute
- Short & Long Disability, and Life Term insurance, complementary
of Full Time Employment
- Additional Supplementary coverages offered @ employee's
elections: Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity,
Insight Surgical Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Values
Keywords: Insight, Warren , PACU & Med Surgery RN, Healthcare , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!