Posted on: February 10, 2024
Insight Institute of Neuroscience & Neurosurgery (IINN) aims to
advance, challenge, and revolutionize neurosciences and medicine
through scientific research and advanced technology, driven by a
passion to help others regardless of any obstacles and challenges
that may lie ahead. Our integrated team of medical professionals
does so through creative, innovative techniques and care principles
developed because of our continuous pursuit to improve the field of
medicine. Our integrated team works together to find solutions to
both common and complex medical concerns to ensure more powerful,
reliable results. Having multiple specialties "under one roof"
Insight achieves its purpose in providing a comprehensive,
collaborative approach to neuromusculoskeletal care and
rehabilitation to ensure optimal results. Our singular focus is
Patient Care Second to None!
Insight Surgical Hospital is a small, friendly and minimally
invasive surgical center and clinic with patient services second to
none! We are proud of our fast-paced, patient-focused,
team-oriented environment with professionals in neurology,
orthopedics, pain management, chiropractic, gastroenterology,
podiatry specialties and more. Every member of our team is crucial
to the patient experience and our success! Our Hospital and Clinic
do not treat general illnesses, including COVID-19, and has
required health safety measures in place for everyone prior to
entering the facility, including temperature and symptom checks,
required PPE and other health hygiene measures.
Under the direction of the acting Surgeon, our focused, detail and
team orientated Surgical Technologist assists in neuro/spine,
ortho, pain management and other kinds of surgeries to help
demonstrate patient care second to none! The Surgical Technologist
is an expert in the principles and application of aseptic
techniques in support of the surgeon's performance and patient
safety. Top candidates are meticulous, patient focused, and are
able to perform this position with a high level of accuracy.
Candidates should take pride in their job and be able to function
at a fast and efficient pace, and should understand the importance
of anticipating needs and how to utilize critical thinking skills.
Under the supervision and delegation of a Surgeon or Registered
Nurse, the Surgical Technologist will facilitate safe and effective
surgical procedures in support of the sterile field. This
professional is also responsible for ensuring all of the necessary
instrumentation and equipment is functioning properly in order to
maximize patient safety.
Insight Employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a
condition of employment, subject to accommodation for medical or
sincerely held religious beliefs.
- Performs scrubbing and assisting duties within and support of
the sterile field during operative procedures.
- Anticipates the needs of the acting surgeon and staff through
the passing of instruments and supplies, and utilizing critical
- Assures proper care and maintenance of all surgical
instrumentation and equipment by following proper policies and
- Ability to learn quickly and maintain a positive
- Demonstrates knowledge of principles and practices of aseptic
- Shows knowledge of equipment, instruments, procedures, implants
and supplies used in the OR.
- Ability to ask vital questions, recognize breaks in aseptic
technique, and to speak up when concerned
- Assists with the draping of the patient and establishing the
- Reviews the instruments, sharps and sponge counts with
- Participates in OR turnover and cleaning to prepare for the
next patient case.
- Able to work under pressure and in situations that demand
patience, tact, stamina and endurance to deliver the highest level
of patient care.
- Demonstrates eligibility to work for any employer in the
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent
- Associate's Degree strongly preferred, or a combination of 2
years experience or the equivalent
- Surgical Technologist certification strongly preferred
- Specialization in orthopedic and spine surgeries is a
- Must be able to achieve CPR certification within 60 days of
- Demonstrates excellent skills in verbal and written English
communications for safe and effective patient care, in order to
meet documentation standards.
- Previous experience is preferred.
- Is aware of standards and performs in accordance with
- Willingness to participate in goal-setting and educational
activities for professional advancement.
- Ability to coordinate effectively and relate with hospital
staff, works well in a team
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Exudes respect, drive and flexibility to impact the workplace
in a positive manner.
- Able to work with difficult patients compassionately with the
aim to deliver the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to perform to a high level of accuracy
- Detailed oriented, conscientious and committed to precision in
Benefits for our Full Time Team Members:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off, including vacation, holidays, and sick
- 401K with Matching; offerings vested fully @ 6 months of
employment paired with eligibility to contribute
- Short & Long Disability, and Life Term insurance, complementary
of Full Time Employment
- Additional Supplementary coverages offered @ employee's
elections: Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity,
Insight Surgical Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Values
Compensation details: 24-28 Hourly
Keywords: Insight, Warren , Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!