Customer Service Associate
Company: McLaren Health Care
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Position Summary: Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of the
Hospital. Facilitates smooth operation of patient care services
through broad range of clerical and support services. Coordinates
patient's needs and on-site registration of patient by obtaining
updated personal, demographic, and insurance information.
Coordinates basic scheduling functions for department. Communicates
financial responsibility to patients and collects appropriate
co-pays/deductibles. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission and vision of McLaren Port Huron through
behaviors that reflect and integrate our
- values, as evidenced by observation, peer and customer
- Learns and maintains current systems and skills that meet
department needs as evidenced by review of competency record.
- Coordinates patient check-in and collections of patient
- Coordinates patient registration by obtaining updated personal,
demographic and insurance information; coordinates complex
scheduling functions and obtains appropriate authorizations within
- Enhances effective operations of department.
- Acts as resource for insurance verification through
communication of contract and insurance updates; identification of
process improvement opportunities to ensure quality and timely
reimbursement of claims.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year experience in a customer service environment.
- Medical terminology.
- Classes in anatomy/physiology/coding. Equal Opportunity
Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Warren , Customer Service Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!