Company: McLaren Health Care
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Hours per pay period: 6:30a-7p
Provides health care for patients under the direction of a
nurse. Assists patients under their care with day-to-day tasks,
playing a vital support role.
- Answers patient calls and determines how best to help
- Provides physical support for patients with daily activities
and personal hygiene, including bathing, dressing, getting out of
bed, using the toilet, walking, standing or exercising.
- Turns and repositions bedridden patients.
- Ensures patients receive appropriate diet by reviewing their
dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences. Provides
encouragement and support with eating.
- Obtains and uses a wide range of information from physicians,
caregivers and nurses about patient condition, treatment plans, and
suggested activities to provide appropriate patient care.
- Measures and records food and liquid intake and urinary and
fecal output and reporting changes to medical or nursing
- Records vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse,
temperature, and respiration rate as requested by staff or as
- Examines patients to detect issues requiring medical care,
including open wounds, bruises or blood in urine.
- Delivers compassionate support, attention, and assistance to
patients and families.
- Ensures compliance with all health care regulations, including
HIPAA and OSHA.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment and protects
patients and employees by adhering to infection-control, hazardous
waste and other policies and protocols.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) month of job-related experience and/or training.
- BLS certification
- State Certified Nursing Assistant.
- One year of experience in a medical setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A basic understanding of patient care, medical terminology,
coding procedures, reference tools, and appropriate clinical
pharmacology for nurse assistant practice scope.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service
- Familiarity with electronic medical health care record
Equal Opportunity Employer of
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Warren , Nurse Assistant, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!