Emergency Dept Technician
Company: McLaren Health Care
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Dept: Emergency ServicesHours per pay period: Schedule:
Under the direct supervision, provides assistance to the
emergency department nursing and medical staff with patient care
and clerical duties. Performs various patient care activities
necessary in caring for patients in the emergency department.
- Provides direct and indirect patient care, assisting nursing
and physician staff with patient care procedures.
- Inventories and restocks emergency department equipment.
- Collects and transports specimens such as urine, blood, and
- Assists with the admission and discharge of patients, initiates
and discontinues intravenous lines, cleans and prepares examination
room between patients.
- Places patients on monitors, provides wound care, assists with
orthopedic procedures and other emergency room procedures as
- Reports and records observations in the patient medical
- Reports patient care needs and changes in condition to the
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) month of patient care experience in a health care
- Certification as an emergency medical technician or
- BLS certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand, react effectively and treat the unique
needs of various patient age groups served; infant, pediatric,
adolescent, adult, geriatric.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and policy and
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Demonstrates ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrates ability to interact with people at various levels
in a courteous, tactful and poised manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer of
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Warren , Emergency Dept Technician, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!