Dir Patient Care Services
Company: McLaren Health Care
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Director of Patient Care Services leads, collaborates
integrates, facilitates and evaluates to create and maintain an
environment that develops and supports professional nursing
practice. The Director collaborates with other executives in the
organization in making decisions about health care services,
settings and organizational priorities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops, maintains, and evaluates patient and staff data
collection systems and processes to support the practice of nursing
and delivery of patient care.
- Monitors and evaluates assessment processes that are sensitive
to the unique and diverse needs of individuals and specific patient
- Analyzes the workflow related to effectiveness and efficiency
of assessment processes in the area of specialty.
Facilitates interaction of unified assessment processes
developed in collaboration with other health care disciplines and
across the continuum of care.
- Develops, maintains, and evaluates an environment that supports
the professional nurse in analysis of assessment data and in
decisions to determine relevant diagnoses.
- Identifies and advocates for resources for decision analysis in
conjunction with appropriate departments.
- Assists and supports staff in developing and maintaining
- Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in data analysis
and decision-making processes.
- Acts as a mentor for management and staff by providing open
communication, serving as a resource, and cultivating professional
Develops, maintains and evaluates a format for documentation of
diagnoses that facilitates development of a patient-centered plan
of care and determination of desired outcomes.
- Develops, maintains, and evaluates information processes that
promote desire patient-centered outcomes.
- Participates in the design and development of multidisciplinary
processes to establish and maintain standards consistent with the
identified patient-centered outcomes.
- Facilitates nurse participation in the monitoring and
evaluation of patient care in accordance with established
professional, regulatory, organizational, and interdisciplinary
standards of practice.
Fosters establishment and continuous improvement of clinical
guidelines linked to client outcomes that provide direction for
continuity of care and are attainable with available resources.
- Develops, maintains, and evaluates organizational planning
systems to facilitate the delivery of nursing care.
- Contributes to the development and continuous improvement of
organizational systems in which plans related to the delivery of
nursing services can be developed, modified, documented, and
- Advocates organizational processes that allow for creativity in
the development of alternative plans for achieving desired
patient-centered, cost-effective outcomes.
- Assists and supports staff in developing and maintaining
competency in the planning and change process.
Reviews and evaluates plans for appropriate utilization of staff
at all levels of practice in accordance with the provision of the
state's nurse practice act and the professional standards of
- Develops, maintains, and evaluates organizational systems that
support implementation of plans.
- Participates in the development, evaluation, and maintenance or
organization systems that integrate policies and procedures with
regulations, practice standards, and clinical guidelines based on
research findings and institutional measures of quality
Collaborates in the design and improvement of systems and the
identification of resources that assure interventions are safe,
effective, and efficient.
- Evaluates plans and progress in relation to the attainment of
- Promotes implementation of processes and resources that deliver
data and information to empower staff to participate meaningfully
in clinical decision making.
- Sets priorities for allocation of resources.
Advocates for resources sufficient to provide time for critical
assessment and evaluation of desired client-centered outcomes.
- Participates in the development and administration of the
annual budget for the departments in assigned areas and contributes
to sound financial practices.
- Maintains effective verbal and written communication and public
relations with patients, visitors, medical staff, senior
administration, bargaining unit members and staff.
- Performs other related job duties as requested.
- Supports the Mission and Vision of McLaren Port Huron through
behaviors that reflect and integrate our values, as evidenced by
observation, peer and customer feedback.
- Integrates delivery of high-quality, continuously improving
clinical and professional outcomes or departmental services based
on efficient, evidenced-based processes.
- Inspires superior customer-friendly services.
- Commits to the achievement of financial objectives and
strategies and business plans.
- Fosters an environment for well-informed, empowered and
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of healthcare.
- Three to five (3-5) years of prior work experience in a
successful, progressive management experience in outpatient and
- Five (5) years of prior work experience in a clinical
- Master's degree in relevant field of healthcare or currently
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate, both
orally and in writing, with a variety of individuals. Must possess
analytical and problem-solving skills in order to develop and
implement improved methods of care delivery, policies and
procedures, educational and clinical programs appropriate to the
needs of the staff, patient and the community. Must evaluate
nursing practice outcomes and resolve technical and/or managerial
Equal Opportunity Employer of
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Warren , Dir Patient Care Services, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!