Sterile Process Tech
Company: McLaren Northern Michigan
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Dept: Sterile Processing
Hours per pay period: Casual
Performs and participates in decontamination, cleaning, assembling,
packaging, scanning, sterilization, storage and distribution of
reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment.
- Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments, medical supplies and
equipment, and assembles, wraps and sterilizes trays of
instruments. Follows proper standard precautions while in
decontamination and sterilization areas.
- Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure
quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and
- Sorts mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical
equipment and makes them available to sterile processing customers
in a timely manner.
- Restocks, labels, and maintains inventory, submits
requisitions, collects and distributes instruments, trays, crash
carts, and facility medical equipment.
- Performs environmental maintenance duties and assists in
maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing, the operating
room, and in equipment storage areas.
- Verifies that equipment functions properly, requisitions for
equipment maintenance, repair or replacement, and removes defective
- Assists with maintaining established departmental policies and
procedures, objectives, and quality improvement, safety, and
environmental and infection control standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an approved sterile processing course
- Certification required within one year from hire as certified
by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prior experience in sterile processing
- Demonstrates expertise in sterile service operations; including
the ability to operate all processing equipment, perform required
sterilization verification tests and maintain accurate
- Demonstrates understanding and practice of aseptic technique,
decontamination, processing and sterilization techniques, inventory
and distribution, infection control and quality assurance as it
relates to sterile processing services.
Equal Opportunity Employer of
Keywords: McLaren Northern Michigan, Warren , Sterile Process Tech, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!