Respiratory Therapist Reg
Company: McLaren Health Care
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position Summary: Provides respiratory care services to patients
who require emergency care, intensive care, therapeutic treatment,
invasive and non-invasive monitoring, diagnostic testing and
patient education for pulmonary and cardiopulmonary disorders.
Monitors and maintains equipment and participates in quality
assurance and improvement activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Interviews, examines and assesses patients with breathing or
- Consults with physicians to develop patient treatment plans.
Creates therapy programs for patients based on the instructions of
physicians and assessment findings.
- Performs diagnostic tests such as measuring lung capacity,
takes blood samples and uses a blood gas analyzer to test oxygen
and carbon dioxide levels.
- Treats patients using a variety of methods, including chest
physiotherapy, aerosol medications and non-invasive methods such as
CPAP and BIPAP therapies. May connect, monitor, and treat patients
who cannot breathe on their own to ventilators.
- Monitors and records the progress of treatment.
- Associate degree in a Respiratory Therapist Educational Program
accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health
Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- Current state licensure as a respiratory therapist.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) through the NBRC.
- BLS certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer of
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Warren , Respiratory Therapist Reg, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!