**Position Summary:** Provides respiratory care services to
patients who require emergency care, intensive care, therapeutic
treatment, invasive and non-invasive monitoring, diagnostic testing
and patient education for pulmonary and cardiopulmonary disorders.
Monitors and maintains equipment and participates in quality
assurance and improvement activities.
**Essential Functions and Responsibilities** **:**
1. Interviews, examines and assesses patients with breathing or
2. Consults with physicians to develop patient treatment plans.
Creates therapy programs for patients based on the instructions of
physicians and assessment findings.
3. Performs diagnostic tests such as measuring lung capacity,
takes blood samples and uses a blood gas analyzer to test oxygen
and carbon dioxide levels.
4. Treats patients using a variety of methods, including chest
physiotherapy, aerosol medications and non-invasive methods such as
CPAP and BIPAP therapies. May connect, monitor, and treat patients
who cannot breathe on their own to ventilators.
5. Monitors and records the progress of treatment.
+ Associatedegree in a Respiratory Therapist Educational Program
accredited by the Commissionon Accreditation of Allied Health
Education Programs (CAAHEP).
* Current state licensure as a respiratory therapist.
* Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) through
+ BLS certification.
* Bachelor's degree.
**Equal OpportunityEmployer of
**Primary Location:** Michigan-Port Huron-McLaren Port Huron
**Organization** McLaren Port Huron-Hospital
**Employee Status** Regular
**Shift** Evening Job
**Job Type** Standard
**Req ID:** 21001426