Surgical Techno Cert
Company: McLaren Northern Michigan
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Dept: Operating Room
Hours per pay period: 48
Schedule : Varied
Assists surgeons and other medical professionals in operating rooms
and similar environments. Prepares patients, rooms and equipment
for pending surgical procedures. Assists during those procedures as
part of the surgical team.
- Prepares operating rooms, ensuring that all equipment and
supplies needed for the procedure are properly disinfected,
assembled and in working order.
- Ensures the preparation and maintenance of the sterile field in
the operating room.
- Provides supportive care during the pre-operative phase.
- Prepares patient's skin for surgery; moves and positions
patients in the operating room; monitors vital signs and observes
- During surgery performs scrub functions including passing
sterile surgical equipment to surgeons, may cut sutures, tracking
items used/performing instrument counts, collecting and labeling
specimens taken and helping dress a patient's wounds. May transport
patient after procedure.
- Ensures that operating rooms are clean, sterile, and stocked
prior to next procedure.
- Performs clerical duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining
logs, pulling up and/or entering patient information, doing
inventory and supporting the administrative and clerical staff as
- Delivers compassionate support, attention, and assistance to
patients and families.
- Ensures compliance with all health care regulations, including
HIPAA and OSHA.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment and protects
patients and employees by adhering to infection-control, hazardous
waste and other policies and protocols.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited surgical technology training
- Certification as a surgical technologist from the National
Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
- BLS Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- One year of experience in a medical setting
- A basic understanding of patient care, medical terminology,
anatomy, surgical techniques and equipment, coding procedures for
surgical technologist practice scope.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service
- Working knowledge of sterile and aseptic technique.
- Familiarity with electronic medical health care record
- Ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
Equal Opportunity Employer of
Keywords: McLaren Northern Michigan, Warren , Surgical Techno Cert, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!