Company: McLaren Health Care
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Dept: Emergency Center
Hours per pay period: 48
Responsible for taking on a variety of administrative tasks that
support nursing unit operations and the delivery of effective and
efficient services to meet the needs of patients and families. This
includes establishing and maintaining efficient communication,
accurate data entry, maintaining inventory of identified forms and
supplies, and other support activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Helps patients by responding to intercom requests; obtaining
needed services from nurses, licensed practical nurses, physicians,
aides, and other hospital personnel.
- Greets visitors in person or on the telephone and answers
inquiries; relays calls to patients; gives directions; refers
inquiries to nursing and physician staff.
- Performs varied administrative tasks such as maintaining
department logs & reports, scheduling appointments, typing, filing,
copying, faxing and ordering office supplies and equipment supplies
to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department's
- Performs a variety of computer/data entry functions to support
patient care including establishing and maintaining patient record;
may enter nursing and physician notes and orders; handling the
majority of a patient's paperwork, such as discharge, admission,
and personal information forms.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year prior unit assistant or front medical office
secretarial experience unless graduate of a relevant training
- Successful completion of a health unit coordinator course.
- Associate degree in related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer of
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Warren , Unit Assistant, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!