Service Dispatcher - Port Huron
Company: SEMCO Energy
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Service Dispatcher, is responsible for dispatching all
calls, including emergency and non-emergency, and communicating
with public agencies as necessary in a professional and timely
manner. Respond to customer inquiries or complaints regarding
Company products or services by determining the best method to
resolve problems to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to
company policies. Follows up, either verbally or in writing, to
ensure customer satisfaction. Will assist with Customer Service
Essential Job Functions:
- Respond timely and appropriately to service dispatch calls.
Determine type of call and dispatch to appropriate area following
established Company policies and procedures.
- Dispatch and log emergency calls as priority. Document response
times as set forth by the Michigan Public Safety Commission (MPSC)
or other regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate with local police and fire departments to ensure
proper handling of emergency situations.
- Assist field employees with map reading. Ensure response of
field employees to emergency calls.
- Respond timely and appropriately to customer inquiries,
following established Company policies and procedures either
verbally or in writing.
- Process service work orders accurately and timely.
- Participate in company training as required.
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Minimum of one to two years of related work experience.
- Background in customer service and CIS System, a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of regulations and practices affecting
service dispatch administration.
- Excellent written, oral, and listening skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and judgment skills.
- Good working knowledge of various personal computer business
software applications presently used by the Company. Ability to
learn new systems or software packages as necessary.
- On a regular basis, this position will cover the 2:00 pm to
10:00pm shift, must be able to work on other shift schedules as
needed / required.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere through effective
interactions and communications with co-workers, customers and
- Must maintain a safe environment for co-workers, customers and
the public through adherence to established safety standards and
timely reporting of potential hazards.
- Must adhere to Company policies and procedures, code of
business ethics and compliance, responsible use of Company assets,
and all applicable state and federal laws.
SEMCO Energy is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment
Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse
workforce. All applicants are offered an equal employment
opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age,
religion, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status,
marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other factor
that is not related to the job.
Keywords: SEMCO Energy, Warren , Service Dispatcher - Port Huron, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!