Spvr Sterile Processing
Company: McLaren Health Care
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Position Summary: Supervises technical and non-technical
activities of the assigned staff ensuring cleaning,
decontamination, disinfection, assembly, sterilization, case cart
building and sterile storage for all hospital-reprocessed /
sterilized equipment, instrument or supplies operates efficiently
and effectively and complies with all system and regulatory agency
standards. Provides input into the development of department
policies and procedures. Ensures department personnel maintain
current knowledge of techniques, procedures and equipment
operation. Assists in meeting the business, financial, customer,
service quality and regulatory requirements of the department.
Serves as a technical resource for department personnel.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day to day operations of the assigned sterile
- Plans daily work schedule and assignments for section(s)
insuring that work is done and reported promptly and accurately.
Supports director(s) in preparing schedules and arranging
- Recognizes the need for and assumes departmental
responsibilities daily, when scheduled or in the case of staffing
- Ensures processing operates efficiently and effectively, in
accordance with all system and regulatory agency standards. Does so
by monitoring department turnaround times; investigating and
implementing corrective action; monitoring inventory and ordering
- Complies with preventive maintenance and quality control
- Serves as technical resource to subordinates in resolving
complex problems and in investigating and recommending corrective
actions in response to incident reports and/or complaints.
- Ensures the attainment of objectives through developing,
training and evaluating staff; participates in hiring process.
- Makes suggestions to director for improved work methods and
ways to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and solve operational
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates expertise in sterile service operations; including
the ability to operate all processing equipment, perform required
sterilization verification tests and maintain accurate
- Demonstrates understanding and practice of aseptic technique,
decontamination, processing and sterilization techniques, inventory
and distribution, infection control and quality assurance as it
relates to sterile processing services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of inventory control and
- Supports the Mission and Vision of McLaren Port Huron through
behaviors that reflect and integrate our values, as evidenced by
observation, peer and customer feedback.
- Coordinates delivery of high-quality, continuously improving
clinical or professional outcomes or departmental services based on
efficient, evidence-based processes.
- Schedules purchases and deliveries in collaboration with
director(s) and staff including stock, non-stock and
- Prepares and monitors departmental operational and capital
budgets for Perioperative Services in collaboration with
director(s), support staff and end users.
- Contributes to the productivity of the department.
- Provides superior customer-friendly services.
- Supports financial objectives and strategies.
- Provides for well-informed, empowered and accountable
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience in sterile processing and/or
operating room in an acute care setting, including at least two (2)
years in a lead or supervisory role.
- Current CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing and
Distribution) or IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare
Central Service Material Management) Certification as a
- Current Certification in Healthcare Leadership from IAHCSMM
required within one (1) year of hire into position.
- Strong knowledge of decontamination and sterilization sciences,
infection prevention and control measures, case cart systems,
medical/surgical supplies and equipment.
- Work experience and proficiency in applying the following
standards and best practices related to processing and sterile
supply issues: AAMI, AORN, FDA, TJC, IAHCSMM, NIOSH and OSHA.
- Some college-level and/or professional training in materials
management, infection control, decontamination and disinfection,
medical instrumentation, medical terminology and/or industrial
Equal Opportunity Employer of
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Warren , Spvr Sterile Processing, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!