Company: McLaren Health Care
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Position Summary: Provides comprehensive evaluation and
treatment of sleep disorders including in-center and out-of-center
sleep testing, diagnostic and therapeutic interventions,
comprehensive patient care and direct patient education. Able to
perform the duties defined for a sleep technician and provide
oversight of other sleep center staff.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews the patient's history and verifies the medical
- Identifies recording artifact and corrects problems with
- Accurately scores and analyzes sleep studies. Non-registered
sleep technologists may score only under supervision of an RST,
RPSGT, CPSGT, respiratory therapist with the sleep disorders
specialist certification (either CRT-SDS or RRT-SDS), or medical
staff members/PhDs board-certified in sleep medicine.
- Performs therapeutic treatments and interventions
- Recognizes physiological parameters including various sleep
- Maintains and properly uses sleep-related equipment.
- Must be enrolled in or have completed training in
polysomnography in a program accredited by the Commission on
Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or a
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) program
with the polysomnography option.
- Must be enrolled in or have completed the A-STEP Online Self
- Must obtain a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT),
Registered Sleep Technologist (RST), or Sleep Disorders Specialist
(SDS) credential within six months of hire through one of the
- American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM)
- National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT)
- Another organization that offers an equivalent examination
accepted by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).
- Once registered, must maintain RPSGT, RST, SDS
- BLS certification.
- Registered respiratory therapist and an active state
respiratory therapist license with Sleep Disorders Specialty
(RRT-SDS, CRT-SDS) and maintain license/registration.
- BLS certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer of
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Warren , Polysomnographic Technician, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!