Company: McLaren Health Care
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position Summary: Provides information for diagnosis, treatment,
and prevention of disease by conducting medical laboratory tests,
procedures, experiments, and analyses following established
accreditation guidelines and quality control standards.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines normal and abnormal components of body fluids by
conducting chemical analyses of blood, urine, spinal fluids, and
- Analyzes blood cells by counting and identifying cells, using
microscopic techniques and procedures.
- Prepares blood, plasma, and platelets for transfusions by
conducting blood group, type, and compatibility tests.
- Ensures operation of analyzers, spectrophotometers,
colorimeters, flame photometers, and other laboratory equipment by
calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements;
following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting
malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment
inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
- Baccalaureate degree in medical technology or related fields
from an accredited institution.
- Completion of internship program from an approved school of
medical technology or school of clinical laboratory science.
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) MT certification
or eligible to take MT certification exam and must be certified
within one (1) year of hire or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer of
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Warren , Medical Technologist, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!