Company: International Search Partners
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Metallurgist - comm'l vacuum heat treat
Industry leading commercial heat treat seeking an experienced
metallurgist to act as internal SME for all heat treat
- Analyze product failure data and laboratory test results to
determine causes of problems and develop solutions.
- Perform root cause analysis of failures.
- Provide technical support of heat treat process and
metallurgical lab on daily basis.
- Assist in development of heat treat parameters for new
materials and the improvement of existing methods.
- Perform required metallurgical testing analysis; prepares and
evaluates mounted samples when necessary.
- Research metallurgical properties of current and proposed
- Conduct metallurgical failure test analysis and propose
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and
- Develop process simulations and heat treat/carburization
- Develop recipes for implementation in heat treat furnaces.
- Program recipes in heat treat furnaces.
- Perform test cycles and apply appropriate requirements to meet
customer specifications for heat treat protocol.
- Support the Research and Development of new products and
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvements of current
products and processes.
- Review customer specifications, and engineering drawings.
- Assist in APQP for new product development as well as existing
- Assist in creation/improvement of Procedures/Work Instructions
for Production/MET Lab.
- Troubleshoot and correct all metallurgical equipment as well as
gear measurement equipment.
- Capture and maintain critical process data for Research and
- Complete all aspects of lab inspection including but not
limited to calibrating Met Lab equipment, case depth and effective
case depth inspection, cleaning saws, cutting parts, data entry
using Babtec system, microstructure inspection, hardness testing,
polishing of parts, preparation of Certificates of Compliance,
preparation of load certification and refilling of saw
- Complete all aspects of Production processes including but not
limited to; Load Build, SSP/OIP/VZKQ, Shot Peen, Shot Blast, Post
Wash, Pack Out.
- Develop and maintain fixture requirements for both new and
current product and process.
- Communicate with customer as necessary in regards to all
research and development projects as well as customer complaints
- Plan and train personnel on Technical requirements and new
processes for all locations.
- Support MET Lab Supervisor and aid as immediate back up.
- Ensuring optimization and efficiency of heat treat processes
- Daily review and disposition of product suspect/non-conforming
- Audit processes for accuracy and efficiency, report findings as
necessary to Management.
- BS in engineering, metallurgy or materials science.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of automotive quality requirements,
including IATF 16949.
- Aerospace quality systems knowledge such as NADCAP a plus.
Stellar opportunity for a technical metallurgist who enjoys
interacting with customers, challenging special projects and is
Keywords: International Search Partners, Warren , Senior Metallurgist, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!