Server and Storage Engineer
Company: St. Clair County Community College
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Server and Storage Engineer ? Administrative/Professionals Port
Huron, MI ID: 173391-100 Full-Time/Regular
Server and Storage EngineerTERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Full-TimeCLASSIFICATION: Career PlanAnnual Salary: $60,000 FLSA
STATUS: Salary/Non-exemptHOURS: 37.5 hours per week; Primarily
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Hours may be flexed to
include occasional evenings and weekends as determined by the
College.APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filledAPPLY ONLINE AT:
Apply online through the Apply link listed below.Generous Benefit
Package Available (per current contractual agreement)
- Up to thirty-eight (38) paid time off days annually (prorated
based on hire date).
- Up to fourteen (14) paid holidays/days closed throughout the
year (includes time off from December 24 through New Years Day)
depending on hire date.
- Health insurance benefits: Multiple medical health plan options
upon date of hire. Employer-paid dental, life, and long-term
disability insurance upon date of hire. Reimbursement payments for
individuals declining medical and/or dental insurance coverage. Up
to $500 annual vision/hearing allowance.
- Participation in TIAA or MPSERS retirement system (includes
employer and employee contribution options).
- Scholarship for employee, spouse and/or dependent children to
attend SC4 credit classes covering full cost of registration fee,
tuition, and technology fee (when applicable) per campus
guidelines. Additional funds for employment-related
education/training each year upon approval.
- Access to educational funds for education, professional
memberships, travel and conferences
- Some remote work hours may be completed after successful
completion of on-campus training and orientation. Must live within
commutable distance and be available for on-campus hours as
scheduled/required (up to and including all work hours if deemed
required). JOB SUMMARY: The Storage and Server Engineer is
responsible for the storage and server environment with a focus on
disaster recovery, security, and automation. This position serves
as part of a systems engineering team responsible for designing and
developing scalable, maintainable, highly available systems to meet
our operational goals. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems,
application software and system management tools
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Design, recommend, and manage projects to ensure they are
completed within the anticipated timeframe.
- Maintain and troubleshoot a physical server, virtualized, and
cloud computing environment
- Manage Microsoft cloud services including M365 and Azure, and
Azure Active Directory
- Build, troubleshoot, and maintain Windows server 2016 2019
- Design, implement, and maintain and troubleshoot SAN and NAS
- Research and recommend new initiatives to improve
- Assist in the annual project planning and budget
- Recommend and lead initiatives to automate processes to improve
- Perform security audits and make/implement recommendations to
mitigate any vulnerabilities.
- Manage server farm local and cloud-based backups
- Cross-train on Network and Security Engineer duties
- Perform other duties as assigned.SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports
to the Executive Director of TechnologyEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree and at least two (2) years of similar experience
in an educational or business environment required. Bachelors
degree in computer related field preferred. Understanding of the
community college setting preferred. Equivalent experience or
attainment of degree in process may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Advanced knowledge and experience in enterprise server/storage
design, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in management of Active Directory 2019 and Azure AD
management and best practices.
- Experience administering cloud systems, preferably in
- Ability to multitask and continually prioritize a changing
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively with
faculty, staff, and students at all technical knowledge
- Ability to work weekends and/or off-hours as necessary to meet
- Organized and detail oriented with a high level of
- Strong analytical skills; quick learner.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft 365 applications.
- Strong work ethic, energetic, self-motivated, sense of urgency
and can-do attitude.
- Team player, able to get along well with others, advocate and
exemplify a cooperative approach to solving problems. Associated
topics: anfitri-nas, anfitri-n, anfitri-nes, camarero, dining room
attendant, food and beverage server, restaurant server, server
camarero, tasting, wine steward
Keywords: St. Clair County Community College, Warren , Server and Storage Engineer, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!