IT Support Specialist
Company: St. Clair County Community College
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: May 14, 2022
IT Support Specialist ? Administrative/Professionals Port Huron,
MI ID: 173404-100 Full-Time/Regular
IT Support Specialist TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-Time
CLASSIFICATION: Career Plan Annual Salary: $40,000 - $45,000 based
on skills, qualifications, and experience FLSA STATUS:
Salary/Non-exempt HOURS: Average 37.5 hours per week. Primarily
Monday Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. Additional hours may be required.
Ability to cover evening shifts during Fall and Winter semesters as
determined by the College. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
APPLY ONLINE AT: Apply online through the Apply link listed below.
JOB SUMMARY: The IT Support Specialist is the first point of
contact for customers seeking technical assistance by phone, email,
or in-person from the Office of Information Technology (OIT). As a
User Services Technician, you will work with our faculty, staff,
and students to resolve or escalate technical issues that come into
the Helpdesk all while providing exceptional customer service.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the helpdesk.
- Provide technical support to end-users for internal
applications and services.
- Act as a technical resource to deploy, maintain, and
troubleshoot campus technology.
- Provide technical management of websites.
- Implement new technology and provide training to
- Troubleshoot and maintain video streaming systems.
- Manage and troubleshoot user accounts.
- Install, maintain, and provide support for campus AV
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies to support
- Recommend and develop workflows to improve business process
- Responsible for installation and support for campus equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned. SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports
to the User Services Manager SUPERVISION GIVEN: None.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associates degree and at least one (1) year
of similar experience in an educational or business environment
required. Bachelors degree in computer related field preferred.
Understanding of the community college setting preferred.
Equivalent experience or attainment of degree in process may be
accepted in lieu of degree requirement. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong technical background.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively
with faculty and staff at all levels.
- Strong time-management and analytical skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, attention to accuracy.
- Experience in monitoring projects and/or budgets.
- Exercises good judgment in the use of and/or management of
facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Abides by College policies and procedures.
- Experience working with or in environments where
collective-bargaining agreements exist.
- Willing to take initiative with projects.
- Strong work ethic, energetic, self-motivated, sense of urgency
and can-do attitude.
- Ability to develop and follow a logical process to troubleshoot
and solve complex technical problems.
- Team player, able to get along well with others, advocate and
exemplify a cooperative approach to solving problems. Associated
topics: assistant, client support, customer support, desk, edi,
information technology help desk, information technology support,
msword, support, system support
Keywords: St. Clair County Community College, Warren , IT Support Specialist, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!