Company: Holiday Inn Express - Port Huron
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Huron, Michigan is* *hiring
for a Full-Time Housekeeping Supervisor!!*
*At Amerilodge Group we pride ourselves on being a
"family-centered" company. Our CEO will tell you we spend more time
with the people we work with than the people we live with at home.
We work hard, and play hard, and enjoy a strong Corporate Support
Structure so that our Property Management can focus on guests and
staff. If you are looking to join a company where you can feel "at
home", we just might be the perfect place for you! Submit your
_*What Can We Offer You in This Position?*_
All Full-Time employees are able to enroll in our Comprehensive
benefit plan, which includes Dental and Vision insurance, Life
Insurance, Disability, and Paid Time Off. In addition, all
employees may participate in our Employee Referral Program, our
Employee Brand Discount, and our Employee Assistance Programs.
Housekeeping is what gives hotels the "wow" factor. It's the moment
that guests walk into the hotel and are impressed, then enter their
bedrooms and think "wow, this looks wonderful." The Housekeeping
Supervisor's primary responsibility is to deliver a great guest
experience, by ensuring the hotel (public space and guest rooms) is
spotless and prepared for guests.
High school diploma or General Education Certificate is required.
Previous Supervisory experience and additional studies in
hospitality are encouraged.
*Knowledge, Skills and Ability*
* Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including
nights, weekends and/or holidays.
* Must have the ability to speak, understand, read and write the
* Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy public
* Must have the ability to apply appropriate resolution to
* Must be able to read, understand, model, and enforce the Employee
Handbook. Must be able to follow policy and perform to enhance
professionalism in appearance and behavior.
* Must be capable of performing all hourly functions and operating
all equipment in department.
* Must be able to compute basic mathematical calculations including
addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Must be able to perform basic computer skills (including Excel,
Word, and E-Mail).
*Duties and Responsibilities*
* Know and live the mission and values of the hotel brand and
* Maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor at all times. Respond
promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
* Provide the highest quality of customer service to the guest at
all times. Welcome and acknowledge all guess according to company
standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist
individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine
* Ensure Company Guest Satisfaction Standards are met or exceeded
through room and public area cleanliness and attention to guest
* Supervise Housekeeping, Laundry, and Public Space to ensure all
brand and company standards/polices are maintained or exceeded.
* Ensure cleanliness and organization of linen room, laundry area,
lost and found, storage rooms, employee break room and Guest Room
* Oversee staffing levels and make adjustments to ensure service
levels are met within labor model. Ensure that all employees are
following their schedule and taking their breaks.
* Complete housekeeping inventories, as assigned. Operate within
departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and
well managed schedules.
* Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room
categories and amenities.
* Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the
Housekeeping, Laundry, and Public Space team with an emphasis on
training and teamwork.
* Breakout and Close House. Assign specific duties to staff for
efficient operation of Housekeeping.
* Monitor and maintain productivity standards (MPOR) and Month End
Reporting. Hold team members accountable to MPOR standards.
* Ensure completion of Inspections of Guest Rooms, Laundry, and
Public Area; Coach and Counsel Employees as necessary; Complete
Room Attendant, Laundry, and Public Space responsibilities, as
* Ensure all employees have proper supplies, functioning equipment
and uniform including nametag, gloves and goggles.
* Schedule and ensure completion of general, daily, and deep clean
* Ensure all brand and company training standards are maintained.
Responsible for training all new employees and cross-training
* Responsible for hiring, coaching and proper termination of
* Resolve routine employee issue as needed and bring issues to the
attention of the property manager as necessary. Make
recommendations to manager in accordance with progressive
* Train employees on safety standards and enforce those standards
on a consistent basis. Identify employees engaging in unsafe
behaviors and retrain them appropriately. Complete accident
investigations and take steps to prevent future accidents. Follow
up with injured employees.
* Promote teamwork and employee morale. Treat people with respect.
Recognize employee successes.
* Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel
areas and with external customers and suppliers.
* Complete Person-In-Charge responsibilities, as needed.
* Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and ensure
staff responses appropriately in the event of an emergency. Assist
in an Emergency when necessary.
* Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, services, room
locations, room rates, amenities, and hotel surroundings (i.e.
mall, restaurants, and medical facilities).
* Complete the shift work Checklist as assigned.
* Must successfully complete education related to assigned duties
* Complete other duties as assigned.
Public, business atmosphere, located within building in which
temperatures may vary within reason of indoor climates. Must be
able to move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or
equal to 25 pounds without assistance and in excess of 25 pounds
with assistance. Must be able to push and pull a loaded
housekeeping cart and other work-related equipment over sloping and
uneven surfaces. Must be able to reach overhead and below the
knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Must be
able to stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an
entire work shift. Must be able to grasp, turn, and manipulate
objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* On call
* Weekend availability
* Cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Holiday Inn Express - Port Huron, Warren , Housekeeping Supervisor, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!