Company: St Clair County Community College
Location: Port Huron
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Port Huron, MI
* ID: 173279-100
St. Clair County Community College is accepting resumes for part-time instructors (adjunct faculty).
If there is not a specific vacancy in your area of interest at this time, your information will be available to the hiring manager for possible future consideration.
Classification: Part-Time, on a semester basis
FLSA Status: Exempt, Hourly
2022/2023 Academic Year
Master's degree (or higher) rate = $607 per contact hour
Bachelor's degree rate = $556 per contact hour
Contact hours vary depending on course offering
* Teaching assignment may include a full range of undergraduate courses within the English program
* Teaching responsibilities include teaching, maintaining scheduled office hours, and advising students
* Participation in developing and improving academic courses
* Morning, afternoon, evening and online offerings may be available
Apply online through the "Apply" link listed below. Applicants must provide unofficial copies of college transcripts from ALL institutions attended. Transcripts can be uploaded within the application process, faxed to 810-989-5577 or e-mailed to HR@SC4.edu.
JOB SUMMARY: To design and deliver instruction to students.
* Prepare and deliver academic instruction, including developing syllabi, developing content and administering assessments
* Maintain and submit necessary class records, including early alert and final grade reports and attendance verification for financial aid compliance
* Participate in student grade appeal procedures
* Observe college calendar
* Post and maintain conference hours
* Participate in assessment of student learning and assessment reporting according to assessment plan
* English Courses below 100 level (Developmental): Bachelor's Degree in English, Writing, Linguistics, or English Education; or Master's Degree with 18 hours of graduate writing or English courses and at least 3 graduate hours in an appropriate education course
* English Courses 100 level and above: Master's Degree in English, Composition/Rhetoric, Literature, Linguistics, or Creative Writing; or Master's Degree with 18 graduate hours in English, Composition/Rhetoric, Literature, Linguistics, or Creative Writing
* Teaching experience at the higher education level preferred
* All academic degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university
* Ability to maintain good relationships with students, staff, and community members
For Further information, contact SC4 Human Resources at HR@SC4.edu or call 810-989-5534
Keywords: St Clair County Community College, Warren , Adjunct, English, Other , Port Huron, Michigan
here to apply!