Manufacturing Technician (Operator)
Company: Dana Corporation
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered
driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that
improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both
conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three
primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and
off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's
original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local
product and service support through a network of nearly 100
engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Current Starting Base Wage = $18.00
2nd & 3rd Shifts earnan additional $0.50cents per hour for shift
JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Technician LOCATION: Production Warren
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Area Supervisor
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: N/A
GENERAL SUMMARY: Set-up, operate and maintain standard and complex
manufacturing processes consistent with approved engineering
standards and quality parameters. To be an active participant in
line/cell teams, contribute to the company's vision and goals,
while safely operating production equipment.
* 1. Operate equipment to accepted safety and production
* 2. Maintain clean and safe work area utilizing 5S methodologies
and in accordance with hazard assessment.
* 3. Actively participate in problem solving, continuous
improvement and teaming activities utilizing the following
- Use and maintain product and process controls utilizing Dynamic
Control Plan (DCP) methodology.
- Participate in problem solving activities utilizing 8D and
- Strive for quality improvement and cost reduction, utilizing
continuous improvement methodologies.
- Support in training and development of new team
- Work in and promote teamwork.
* 4. Maintain and utilize Statistical Process Control (SPC),
Quality Operating System (QOS) measurables and all Dana reporting
* 5. Maintain and verify all quality gaging, Poka-Yokes and mistake
proof devices in accordance with Dana engineered
* 6. Verify and maintain just-in-time inventory based on pull
* 7. Ensure that equipment is serviced as required utilizing Total
Productive Maintenance (TPM) methodology.
* 8. Set-up all equipment in the entire cell to accepted
engineering standards, utilizing quick changeover methodology.
* 9. Determine what repairs are required based on MRB
*10. Must be able to use hand gages, (micrometers, calipers, snap
gages and master gages).
*11. Notify supervisor of issues or problems.
*12. DOT training if required Hilo driving.
*13. Perform other duties as assigned by area supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* 1. High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
* 2. Must be willing to work in a team environment.
* 3. Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal
form, as required.
* 4. Must have a positive attitude.
* 5. Must be willing to assume responsibility and be accountable
for their actions.
* 6. Create and work in an environment of respect and
* 7. Helpful to be mechanically inclined.
* 8. Must have the ability to be trained in skills required per the
*9. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without a manipulator
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited
resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were
engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any
employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited
resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right
to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to
the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Keywords: Dana Corporation, Warren , Manufacturing Technician (Operator), Professions , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!