Plastics Process Technician- 3rd Shift
Company: Flex-N-Gate Corporation
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components
for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top
North American Suppliers in "Automotive News." A growing and vital
company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working
and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Process Technician is responsible for setting up and
maintaining process controls on presses, molds and equipment to
customer specifications. - He or she is responsible for resolving
manufacturing processes. - The Process Technician is responsible
troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventative maintenance
on the equipment. - Additionally, he or she will maintain equipment
and prevent failures by suggesting and implementing improvement
plans. - He or she would coordinate manufacturing activities to
ensure good production and quality through problem solving and
continuous improvement activities.
- Optimizes all machine processes by reducing scrap, cycle times
and mold change times;
- Assists with launches of new programs by building a new process
to ensure quality products of parts and attends launch meetings
prior to production start-up as needed;
- Maintains and secures controlled injection process by using
part weights by using plastic data and using a systematic approach
to optimizing current running process;
- Directs set-ups for molds using efficient mold change systems
- Oversees in-house tooling and material evaluations to ensure
- Describes system, components, and parts operating
characteristics and malfunctions by writing technical reports;
- Sets-up injection molds and performs start-up and shut-down of
- Verifies systems performance by testing functioning of
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for
repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining process controls of
presses, molds and equipment.
- Must be experienced with Robotics and Programming, with End of
Arm Set-up and troubleshooting, develop and modify robot programs
to handle parts without causing damage to the equipment or
- Knowledge of TPO's/ABS/Nylons/PC's.
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency and work with
quality inspectors to ensure part quality/performance
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to
machines/tools and notify supervisors when major service is
- Provide ownership and analysis of injection molding process and
equipment for the reduction in defects, overall process improvement
and/or the reduction of downtime and continue improvements
- Compiles, stores and receives production data
- Completes all paperwork as required.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting
- Must have experience with hot runners/valve gate sequencing/gas
- Promote safety by abiding to all related policies and
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding,
specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental
Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent. - Ability
to read, write and speak English effectively.
- Possess basic mathematical skills
- Possess basic office skills such as Excel, Microsoft Word and
- Safety and environmental training and experience
- Previous experience in injection molding department or at least
- Must be able to work afternoons or night shift
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented
individual with an attention to detail.
- Troubleshooting ability is required.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability
insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous
learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation timeWhat do our employees have to
say?"It engages you professionally, and provides learning
opportunities.""Lots of growth opportunity.""The company's young
enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable."Not just a
job-a great place to work!Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Flex-N-Gate Corporation, Warren , Plastics Process Technician- 3rd Shift, Professions , Warren, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!